Hopefully you’ve got all your Halloween crafting finished (ah, for a perfect world, eh?) and can take some time out for a little bit of “me-time” and fun crafts (or maybe craft-blog reading) this weekend. Here are some things that caught my eye over the last little while….
- The Sew Mama Sew blog‘s scrap-busting contest entries are out-of-this-world inspirational. I loved this patchwork bias tape!
- These granny square slippers from the Purl Bee tickled my fancy. I only got about 8 squares in to that afghan I was planning…I feel an crafty conversion coming up!
- I’ve been enjoying a new (to me) craft blog recently. Check out The Long Thread (lots of great Halloween ideas there, too).
- I think that Canadian store Room6 might be just what the doctor ordered for those of us who love crafty e-shopping but hate paying shipping, handling, exchange and duty.
- Wouldn’t this bag be great to carry your movie snacks in when you go see Where the Wild Things Are?
- I love giving homemade calendars as gifts – but this WhipUp 2010 calendar looks pretty cool!
- Who says garland is just for Christmas? This fall leaf garland is sharp – a great idea if you’re looking for decorating ideas for you school’s or church’s fall fair. (Via wisecraft.)
- I love doll quilts but hate piecing those tiny squares…here’s a way to make piecing tiny squares easy.
Alright, I think that’s it for now. I’m sneaking away to NYC for the weekend (!!) but don’t worry – I’m leaving you in capable hands. Look forward to a super interesting guest post from Tina on Monday and be prepared for a virtual field trip!
(And there’s still time to enter this week’s contest. You’ve got until 11:59 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 19!)