Judging by the number of costumes I’ve seen on the subway in the last couple days (I sat across from the Incredible Hulk on the way home last night) there’s no shortage of spooky spirit in the city. The same goes for the entries to the CL “Spirit of Halloween” contest – wowzer! You have until November 4 to enter.
In the meantime, here are some Halloween links for your Friday afternoon perusal. Though these costume ideas are geared toward kids, you wouldn’t have to try very hard to upsize them to something that you could wear to a party. (Just be careful with that cape, ok?)
- Melissa shares some great last-minute costume ideas (ghosts! capes!) at Bolt Neighbourhood.
- A cute fish costume how-to at Mighty Girl.
- I like this bat costume, though I’d probably go for makeup instead of a mask. From Alphamom.
- I love these ideas for using googly eyes, some creepy, some cute. (Oh, Martha).
- How about a costume for your pumpkin? (Via the Craftzine blog).
Have a great weekend!