It’s been go-go-go around here this week. Between putting together our latest issue (the last pages of our August issue are headed to the printer as I write), attending photo shoots and seminars, and the hot-hot-hot weather I haven’t felt very crafty this week. Oh, and then there’s the huge pile of ironing that my fabric stash clean-up created:
I should have put a ruler in for scale – that pile was over 12 inches high!
This dearth of crafting in my week means that I’m really looking forward to the time I’ll spend knitting on the train tonight as I travel down to visit my family. It’s about an hour and a half of uninterrupted knitting, and with any luck I’ll be ready to turn the heel on my second sock by the time I’m ready to disembark. Speaking of socks, check out these not-so-random random stripes:
Anyway, a little bit of crafty inspiration from around the web this week:
- The simplest of rubber stamps. I wonder if I could sneak “multicoloured stamp pad” onto our next office supply order?
- This chicken print fabric (via). I would like to visit Bolt Fabric (in Portland, Oregon) one of these days.
- Speaking of crafty road trips, I wish I could go to the Renegade Craft Fair in Brooklyn this weekend.
- A simple rainy-day craft for kids that seems like something I’d have done 25 years ago. It’s too easy for me to forget that sometimes crafting can be just about having fun and making someone smile, not about creating an heirloom-worthy piece of art.
- Crochet slippers! OK, maybe it’s not slipper season, but if you live in a house where the A/C is always blasting, they might just come in handy. (…er, footy? I don’t know.)
That’s it from me today. Have a great weekend!