I go back and forth on Valentine’s Day. Sometimes it gets me down, but other times I’m just happy to have an excuse to inject a bit of colour and fun into the dreariest part of the year.
It’s been grey and soggy here all week, so to cheer myself up I’ve been eating Hershey’s kisses and checking out Valentine’s Day crafts.
- Valentine’s Friendship Bracelets from The Purl Bee. The hearts and arrows are cute, though I don’t know if I’d be able to resist playing Cupid…
- Freja Mittens from Knitty. Red and white and (g)loved all over.
- Heart-shaped candy boxes from our February issue. They were created by Jeromina Juan – remember her peek-a-boo heart vases from last year?
- Love socks! I love the intarsia hearts on the heels…like a secret message.
Other things that have caught my eye this week:
- This sweater, with its stripes and shawl collar, would be perfect for Saturday brunch, don’t you think?
- These business cards, filled with confetti, made me laugh. I’d love to have something similar…but filled with googly eyes!
- Twitter. I’ve succumbed. If you want to read random crafty tweets (and the occasional bit of silliness), you can follow me @AustenGilliland.
Don’t forget that the Bernat giveaway is still on. You can enter until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday. Good luck!
Have a great weekend, friends.