Canadian Living: Inspiring ideas for everyday living
Subscribe and save more than 50%
6 delicious blue cheese recipes
9 sweet and savoury recipes using molasses
Cooking with wine: 6 delicious dinner recipes
5 quick dinners for hectic days
8 favourite homemade snacks
6 best breakfast-for-dinner recipes
Quick and Easy
Baking and Desserts
Best Recipes Ever
Mind & Spirit
Health & Wellness Club
Hayley Wickenheiser answers your questions!
Love and Romance
Friends and Social Life
Beauty tricks using salt from your cupboard
The Style Desk Blog
Best New Product Awards
Measha Brueggergosman's music and inspiration
The Life Blog
Home & Crafts
Home & Garden
How to knit a Honey Stitch Cowl
The Make & Do Blog
Make & Do
Home & Garden
You logged out successfully.
The Make and Do Blog
Make & Do
Home & Garden
Posy Gets Cozy
– A former book editor turned store owner turned full-time crafter turned author, Alicia Paulson’s blog has a large and loyal following. Great photos, great project ideas, and a good place to go for a different perspective on everyday life. (She’s also got a super-cute dog.)
– Mother of four, homeschooler, crafter, artist and author Amanda Soule manages to cram a lot into every day – and then write about it.
– Check in for lots of crafty goodness, as well as organic cooking, homemade soap, and laughs. The patterns can be a bit slapdash (even in her two books), but this site is all about making it up as you go along.
All Buttoned Up
– Written by a Canadian living on the Pacific Northwest coast with her husband and three kids, this is a more low-key crafts blog; but wow, the things she makes are fantastic. Melissa also blogs for her local fabric store at boltneighborhood.com.
House on Hill Road
– Erin Harris documents her art, craft, sewing and life in Kentucky. Good.
– Blair Stocker is a designer, jewelry maker, fabric artist. Now a design consultant developing upcycling-style craft projects for Value Village.
– Jane Brocket started her blog as a way of “talking” about knitting, but since then it’s grown to include discussions about knitting, cooking, art, literature and domestic life. She’s written four (or more?) books as an outgrowth of her blog.
Small Object Steno Pad
– Sarah Neuburger is the creative force behind The Small Object, maker of things you never thought you needed until you saw. The Steno Pad is where she writes about what she makes.
– Another literary type who likes to make things. Craft content has decreased recently, but there are some great tutorials in her archives.
– Hilary Lang makes stuffed toys, but cool stuffed toys. Love the robots and the Make-Along book series. Her book comes out later in 2010.
– Written by a Torontonian: roundups of craft books, regular reviews of cool crafts found on Flickr, and information about local crafty happenings.
– Karyn Valino owns The Workroom in Parkdale; this is her blog.
– Design, craft, DIY, based in B.C.
– Sewing, quilting, crafting, parenting – from one of America’s premier modern quilters.
– Canadian paper crafter.
3191 Miles Apart
– A little bit of everything. Weekly posts. Follow up to 3191: A Year of Mornings and 3191: A Year of Evenings.
– Crafts of all description, book reviews, instruction, conversation.
– Design and DIY.
Toronto Craft Alert
– What’s going on, craft-wise, in the city.
Inside a Black Apple
– Etsy superstar Emily Martin’s blog.
– Art, life.
– Sewing, crafting, urban homesteading.
Martha McQuade Workbook
- Architect and clothing designer gathers her inspiration.
– Art, mostly. And a small dog.
– Crochet, sewing. Collections.
Forty-sixth at Grace
– Toronto pastry chef, small business owner, stylist, photographer.
Something’s Hiding in Here
– Famous for their fake moustaches. Really.
– British clothing designer.
Hop, Skip, Jump
– Australian. Softies. Too cute!
Made by Joel
– Crafts for kids, by their dad.
Sweet Juniper/Wood Craft
– DIY in Detroit.