Your bargain winter escape is just a few clicks away!
I just returned from my relaxing holiday break and suddenly I’m itching to go somewhere. I blame it on the fact that my email inbox is bursting with e-alerts touting scores of January travel discounts. If you’ve got the time, there are some excellent travel savings to be had on destinations all over North America.
Here’s my pick of 5 current travel deals:
1. The recently refurbished (well, rebuilt almost) Oak Bay Beach Hotel, Victoria, British Columbia, is offering special rates to mark its reopening. This gem of a West Coast hotel is offering a package called the Curiosity Special. Guest rooms, with five-star quality touches, can be booked for as low as $139 per night and include nightly turn-down service, use of mineral pools down by the water’s edge, steam saunas, fitness studio and parking.
2. The “Best Deals” section on Bonjour Quebec Web site lists a range of discounted hotel stays in 2 to 4-star hotels throughout the province, as well discounts on skiing and entertainment packages. One example: stays at the Auberge-Chateau Bromont in the Eastern Townships are as low as $79.20 per night.
3. “Orbitz Originals: New York State” program just launched this week. Visitors to the Greater New York Area can save up to 30% on hotels, including some right in the theatre district.
4. Fairmont Royal York, Toronto is currently listing a ‘Bed and Breakfast’ package ($209 per night) that includes one night accommodation, breakfast for two in EPIC restaurant, and overnight valet parking.
5. Banff Lake Louise hotels offer some very decent deals even in the midst of prime ski season. Right now, you can book a stay at the Banff Rocky Mountain Resort for as low as $79 per night
Are these deals enough to entice you?