Since today marks the unofficial last day of summer I thought it would be a perfect time to promote fall shopping – plus, it’s a damn good reason to squeeze in a contest.
Obviously I don’t want summer to go away – yet. I mean, what right-minded Canadian wishes for the cooler weather to come early? I’ll just be happy when the 30ºC days subside and the temps start cooling down a wee bit. I’m itching to bring some of my favourite fall pieces out of closet purgatory and get them back into heavy rotation. Fact: Nine out of 10 style-loving people agree that fall is the best time of year for fashion.
This also means I can start buying some new pieces to bring last year’s fall wardrobe into 2012 – guilt free. Well, almost guilt free. That’s where the Runway at Winners comes into play. This is the time of year that my favourite discount department store, Winners, gets an influx of international designer pieces for up to 70 per cent off. It’s a freakin’ gold mine! Over the years I’ve collected some serious scores, from a Burberry jacket to a Ralph Lauren Black Label gold-sequined dress to a pair of Yves Saint Laurent boots.
The event kicks off September 6. You can bet I’ll be at my favourite Bathurst and Lawrence location trying to find that perfect score for the fall season.
Locations that host the Runway at Winners event include:
- Queen and Portland, 585 Queen St. W. — TORONTO
- College Park, 444 Yonge St. — TORONTO
- 110 Bloor St. W. — TORONTO
- Bathurst and Lawrence, 3090 Bathurst St. — TORONTO
- Leaside, 147 Laird Dr. — TORONTO
- 200 North Service Rd. — OAKVILLE
- Signal Hill Center, 5498 Signal Hill Road S.W. — CALGARY
- 3355 Calgary Trail N.W. — EDMONTON
- 798 Granville St. — VANCOUVER
- Park Royal Shopping Center, 2002 Park Royal South — WEST VANCOUVER
- Place Montreal Trust, 1500 McGill College Ave. — MONTREAL
- Marché Central, 815 Chabanel Ouest — MONTREAL
- Place Alexis Nihon, 1500 ave. Atwater — MONTREAL
Kickstart your fall wardrobe by winning a $100 gift card to Winners. For your chance to win, leave us a comment letting us know what fall item you’re most excited to purchase.
CONTEST CLOSED: Congrats Tania Bugnet — an email has been sent to you. Hope you get those news boots… and bag to boot!
Contest closes September 6, 2012, at 1:30 p.m. (EST). You can enter once only. You’re eligible only if you live in Canada and are of the age of majority in the province/territory you live in. Not open to any TC Media employees or the people they live with.