Antipasto Sausage Skewers
This recipe makes 4 servings
|total fat||22 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
- Portion size: 4
Choose your favourite Italian sausages or try chorizo. You can replace the eggplant with 24 mushrooms, or make the skewers vegetarian with vegetarian sausage.
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2tbspred wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspDijon mustard
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchpepper
- 1/2 1/2eggplant, (250 g for half)
- 1/2 1/2sweet red peppersweet red peppers
- 1/2 1/2sweet yellow peppersweet yellow peppers
- 1/2 1/2small red onionred onions
- 16 16cherry tomatocherry tomatoes
- 4 4Italian sausageItalian sausages, (about 1 lb/500 g)
- 1 jar 1jar(6 oz/170 mL) marinated artichoke heartmarinated artichoke hearts, drained
In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
Cut eggplant in half lengthwise; cut crosswise into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick pieces and add to bowl. Cut red and yellow peppers and onion into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces; add to bowl. Add tomatoes; toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, prick sausages with fork. Place on microwaveable plate; cover and microwave at high until no longer pink inside, 5 minutes. Cut into quarters.
Onto 8 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread sausage, eggplant, red and yellow peppers, onion, tomatoes and artichoke hearts. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.)
Place skewers on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until browned and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2006