Antipasto Tomato Salad
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||19 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 4
All the savoury flavours of an antipasto platter are present here. For a hearty main-course salad, add 1 cup (250 mL) cubed salami.
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) 1/4cup (50 ml)thinly sliced or diced red onion
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) 1/3cup (75 ml)black oliveblack olives
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) 1/2cup (125 ml)cubed smoked mozzarella cheese, mozzarella or bocconcini cheese
- 4 cups (1 L) 4cups (1 L)arugula or Boston lettuce leaves
- 4 4large tomatotomatoes, (about 1 lb/500 g) Basil Dressing:
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) 1/4cup (50 mL)minced fresh basil, (or 1 tsp/5 mL dried)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) 1/4cup (50 mL)extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp (50 mL) 3tbsp (50 mL)red wine vinegar
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) 1/2tsp (2 ml)each salt and pepper
In small bowl, cover red onion with cold water. Let stand for 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
Basil Dressing: Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together basil, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
Add olives, mozzarella cheese and red onion to dressing. Toss to combine. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.)
Arrange arugula on platter. Cut each tomato into 6 wedges; arrange over arugula. Top with dressing mixture.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2005