Creamy Havarti cheese is the ideal base for this flavourful herb-studded spread. Its soft texture and pleasant, mild flavour let the chives and garlic shine through.
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Total time 2 hours & 25 minutes
- Portion size 2 servings
- 2 cups shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 pkg cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream 35%
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
In food processor, purée together Havarti cheese, cream cheese, cream, garlic, mustard and pepper until smooth; stir in chives and parsley.
Line small, deep bowl with plastic wrap; scrape in cheese mixture, pressing firmly and smoothing top. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 5 days.)
Unwrap and invert cheese ball onto serving plate.
Tip from The Test Kitchen: You'll need a small, deep bowl that holds at least 2 cups to fit the cheese mixture. If you're not sure of your bowl's capacity, measure 2 cups of water and pour it in to check.
• Crisp crackers, such as pita crisps, whole grain squares or rich butter crackers
• Warm fresh biscuits
• Vegetable crudites
• Fresh berries, such as strawberries, blueberries or raspberries
Nutritional facts per 1 tbsp: about
- Fibre 0 g
- Sodium 79 mg
- Protein 2 g
- Calories 60.0
- Total fat 6 g
- Potassium 14 mg
- Cholesterol 18 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Iron 1.0
- Calcium 5.0
- Vitamin A 5.0