This chunky chili sauce–style ketchup is ideal with meat loaves, grilled meat, fried eggs or burgers.
- Prep time 25 minutes
- Total time 1 hour & 15 minutes
- Portion size 2 servings
- 1 cup chopped, seeded and peeled tomato
- 1 pear peeled, cored and diced
- 1 green hot pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
In saucepan, combine tomatoes, pear, hot pepper, garlic, raisins, vinegar, sugar, tomato paste, cinnamon stick, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup water; bring to boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick and hot pepper; simmer, uncovered and breaking up some of the pear, until thickened, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
Make-ahead: Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 1 week.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Nutritional facts per 1 tbsp: about
- Sodium 26 mg
- Sugars 3 g
- Calories 15.0
- Total fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Saturated fat 0 g
- Total carbohydrate 4 g
- Iron 1.0
- Vitamin A 1.0
- Vitamin C 2.0