The combo of warm, rich Brie and mildly tangy fresh strawberry salsa is a marriage made in heaven. For the most flavourful cheese, remove the top rind so that the sweet honey can permeate the creamy interior.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2014
- 1 pkg Strawberries hulled and diced
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- pinch each granulated sugar and pepper
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 round Brie cheese about 450 g
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
MethodIn bowl, toss together strawberries, vinegar, sugar and pepper; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in basil.
Meanwhile, cut or shave top rind off Brie cheese; place Brie in parchment paper–lined 8-inch (2 L) square baking dish. Drizzle with honey.
Bake in 350 F (180 C) oven until softened, 10 to 15 minutes. Using two spatulas, transfer to platter; drizzle with any honey mixture left in pan. Serve with strawberry salsa mixture.
• Firm, sturdy crackers, such as melba toast, grain and seed crisps, or breadsticks
• Toasted baguette slices
• Thinly sliced cured ham, such as prosciutto
• Whole roasted natural or blanched almonds
• Dried apricots
Nutritional facts per serving: about
- Fibre 1 g
- Sodium 338 mg
- Sugars 7 g
- Protein 12 g
- Calories 213.0
- Total fat 15 g
- Potassium 170 mg
- Cholesterol 53 mg
- Saturated fat 9 g
- Total carbohydrate 9 g
- Iron 4.0
- Folate 22.0
- Calcium 10.0
- Vitamin A 10.0
- Vitamin C 52.0