Our new take on the classic BLT is a creative way to serve this diner favourite as a party-friendly finger food. Bonus: The flaky pastry is a step up from basic sandwich bread!
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Total time 15 minutes
- 6 thin slices pancetta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 2 cups lightly packed baby arugula or mâche (lamb's lettuce)
- 1/2 cup each red and yellow cherry tomatoes , halved
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared pesto
- 1 batch Phyllo Cups (link to recipe in method)
In nonstick skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat, turning once, until crisp, about 10 minutes. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate to drain. Set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add arugula and tomatoes; toss to coat.
Mix mayonnaise with pesto; spoon scant 1 1/2 tsp into each Phyllo Cup. Divide arugula mixture among Phyllo Cups; top each with 1 slice of the pancetta.
Makes 6 pieces.
Nutritional facts Per piece: about
- Fibre 1 g
- Sodium 258 mg
- Sugars 1 g
- Protein 3 g
- Calories 170
- Total fat 13 g
- Potassium 107 mg
- Cholesterol 15 mg
- Saturated fat 4 g
- Total carbohydrate 10 g
- Iron 6
- Folate 11
- Calcium 2
- Vitamin A 8
- Vitamin C 7