The combination of crab, avocado and corn blends salty, creamy and sweet. Stuffed into crisp pastry cups, it gives you a dinner party–worthy starter in just 10 minutes. For the best results, use fresh crabmeat, which retains more flavour than frozen.
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Total time 10 minutes
- 1 tub (227 g) crab claw meat , drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado , peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels , cooled
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 batches Phyllo Cups (link to recipe in method)
- 2 cups lightly packed watercress (about 1 bunch), coarsely chopped
In large bowl, stir together crabmeat, avocado, corn and green onion.
Stir together mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, dill and cayenne pepper; gently stir into crabmeat mixture. Divide among Phyllo Cups; top with watercress.
Tip from The Test Kitchen: Watercress can be quite dirty, so wash it thoroughly in a bowl of water, swishing with your hands to release any grit, then pat dry with paper towels.
Makes 12 pieces.
Nutritional facts Per piece: about
- Fibre 1 g
- Sodium 295 mg
- Protein 6 g
- Calories 158
- Total fat 10 g
- Potassium 154 mg
- Cholesterol 25 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 12 g
- Iron 9
- Folate 17
- Calcium 2
- Vitamin A 7
- Vitamin C 10