The hot and sweet peppers typically used in Portuguese cuisine are the inspiration for this mild spice mix. If you like, make a paste of equal parts spice mix and olive oil and use it as a rub for chicken, pork or shrimp.
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Total time 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons each ground cumin and ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons each garlic powder and onion powder
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
Stir together sweet paprika, smoked paprika, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, salt and pepper. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks.)
Makes 3/4 cup.