Wrap up two of these tasty biscuits to go with a vacuum bottle of hot soup. Or use them instead of bread for sandwiches. Children love variety and these are a bit different than just plain sandwiches.
- Portion size 12 servings
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1 cup shredded old Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, parsley, salt and garlic powder. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add Cheddar cheese and milk, mixing with fork until ragged moist dough forms. Drop by 1/4 (50 mL) cupfuls, 1-1/2 inches (4 cm) apart, onto greased baking sheet.
Bake in centre of 425°F (220°C) oven until lightly browned, 13 to 15 minutes.