This warm appetizer blends sweet, smoky and spicy Mediterranean flavours. Use any kind of unpitted green and black olives, which are available at deli counters and supermarkets. Serve with cocktail picks.
- Prep time 15 minutes
- Total time 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 125 g smoked chorizo or other smoked sausages thinly sliced
- 1 cup unpitted brined black olive (such as Kalamata)
- 1 cup unpitted oil-cured black olives
- 1 cup unpitted large green olive
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 small navel orange thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaf thinly sliced
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chorizo, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add brined black olives, oil-cured black olives, green olives, garlic and hot pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Stir in orange and sage; cook until orange begins to break down, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve warm. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days; reheat before serving.)
Makes 4 cups.
Nutritional facts per 2 tbsp: about
- Fibre 1 g
- Sodium 393 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 61.0
- Total fat 6 g
- Potassium 27 mg
- Cholesterol 3 mg
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Total carbohydrate 2 g
- Iron 1.0
- Calcium 1.0
- Vitamin A 1.0
- Vitamin C 3.0