Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomato Linguine
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||13 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 4
From chopping board to supper table in 15 minutes, this pasta uses artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes for a piquant touch.
- 2 jars (6 oz/170 mL) each, 2jars (6 oz/170 mL) each,marinated artichoke heartmarinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupdrained oil packed sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp 1tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1oniononions, sliced
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 12 oz 12ozlinguine
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupromano cheese
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh parsley
Slice artichokes. Cut tomatoes into thin strips. In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saut?rtichokes, tomatoes, onion, garlic, pepper and salt, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm, 8 to 10 minutes; drain and return to pot, reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the cooking liquid.
Add artichoke mixture; toss to coat, adding a little of the cooking liquid to moisten, if desired. Garnish with Romano cheese and parsley.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2004