Artichoke Pepper Pizza
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per slice: about||-|
|total fat||11 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 8
The crisp crust topped with tender vegetables and stretchy cheese is a delicious alternative to pizza with tomato sauce.
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupwater
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspolive oil
- 1/4 1/4Pizza dough mix
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcornmeal Topping:
- 2 cups 2cupsshredded provolone cheese or mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) 1can (14 oz/398 mL)artichokeartichokes, drained and sliced
- 1 jar (313 mL) 1jar (313 mL)roasted red pepperroasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupsliced black oliveblack olives
- 1 tbsp 1tbspolive oil
In small saucepan, heat water with oil over medium-low heat until 120°F (50°C). In food processor, pulse together Pizza Dough Mix and salt ; with motor running, pour in water mixture and whirl until ball forms, about 1 minute.
Place in greased bowl, turning to grease all over. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in warm draft-free place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 12-inch (30 cm) circle. Sprinkle pizza pan with cornmeal; centre dough on top.
Topping: Sprinkle dough with half of the cheese; arrange artichokes, red peppers and olives on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; drizzle with oil.
Bake in bottom third of 500°F (260°C) oven until crust is golden, about 12 minutes.