So many great whisky cocktail recipes were submitted, so I wanted to share them with everyone else. We had:
- 2 recipes for a Whiskey Sour, which is a fantastic tarty drink when made properly and NEVER, NEVER with bar mix!
- 2 recipes for "Rye and 7" - just not for me but I know it is well loved by many a good Canuck. In my house growing up it was "Rye and Ginger."
- Anthony's recipe for a Rusty Nail came with imbibing instructions;If you ever have time on your hands and would like to stetch it with friends I suggest a Rusty Nail…..My recipe is for half Scotch & half Drambuie on ...ice…..Stirring occasionaly…..You can adjust to the sweetness you prefer by the amount of Drambuie……The longer you let it stand, the colder it gets and the tastier it becomes…...
- One Mahattan from Peter; sorry Peter but I couldn't get down with the scotch Manahattan - why would you mess up perfecly good scotch with vermouth?
- Donna prefers her whisky with soda and lemon, this worked quite well with Rye I thought.
- And one straight up boiler maker.