Avocado and Tomato Appetizer
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per each of 8 servings: about||-|
|total fat||11 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 6 to 8
Top crusty bread, bruschetta-style, with this mix of creamy, ripe avocados, juicy tomatoes and sweet onion. If the tomatoes are tiny, just cut them into halves.
- 6 6anchovy filletanchovy fillets, or 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped pitted olives
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupscherry tomatocherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupfinely chopped Spanish onion or sweet onion
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupminced fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplemon juice
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1tbspdrained capercapers
- 2 2avocadoavocados
In small bowl, cover anchovies with cold water and let soak for 15 minutes. Drain and pat dry; finely chop and place in bowl. Add tomatoes, onion, parsley, lemon juice, oil and capers.
Peel, pit and cut avocados into chunks; arrange on serving plates. Mound tomato mixture over avocados.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2005