Bacon, Onion and Goat Cheese Pizza Bites
This recipe makes 72 pieces servings
|Per piece: about||-|
|total fat||3 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Preparation time: 15 minutes Stand: 2-1/2 hours
- Total time : 22 minutes
- Portion size: 72 pieces
You can also use two 14-inch (35 cm) round pizza pans instead of the rectangular ones, but the yield will be smaller and shapes inconsistent.
- 5 cups 5cupsall purpose flour, (approx)
- 2 tbsp 2tbspolive oil
- 1 tbsp 1tbspliquid honey
- 1 pkg 1pkgactive dry yeast, (2-1/4 tsp/11 mL)
- 3 tbsp 3tbspsesame seeds
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspsalt Topping:
- 6 oz 6ozthick-sliced baconthick-sliced bacon, diced (about 1-1/3 cups/325 mL)
- 2 cups 2cupsthinly sliced red onion
- 1 1bunch green onions, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupgrated Romano cheeseRomano cheese
- 6 oz 6ozgoat cheese, crumbled (about 1-1/4 cups/300 mL)
In bowl, stir together 1 cup (250 mL) of the flour, oil, honey, yeast and 2 cups (500 mL) warm water until combined. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place until bubbly and almost doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
With wooden spoon, stir in all but 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the remaining flour, sesame seeds and salt to form ragged dough. Turn out onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes, adding as much of the remaining flour as necessary.
Place in greased bowl, turning to grease all over. Cover with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1-1/2 hours.
Divide dough in half. Place each on greased 16- x 12-inch (40 x 30 cm) rimmed baking sheet. Pressing with fingertips and gently pulling at edges, stretch to fit pans.
Topping: Sprinkle bacon, red and green onions, and pepper evenly over dough; top with Romano cheese.
Bake in bottom third of 450°F (230°C) oven until bottom of crust is golden, about 18 minutes. Sprinkle goat cheese over top; bake until cheese is slightly melted, about 4 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Cut each pizza into 36 squares.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2011