Baked Stuffed Cod
This recipe makes 6 servings
- Portion size: 4 to 6
We've simplified a traditional whole baked cod recipe by using 2 equal-size fillets, each about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick.
- 2 2cod filletcod fillets, (each about 2-3/4 lb / 375 g)
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter, melted
- Salt and pepper Savoury Dressing
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter
- 1 1oniononions, minced
- 1 1small carrotcarrots, diced
- 2 tsp 2tspdried savory
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupscoarse slightly stale bread crumbs
In small skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion and carrot until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in savoury, salt and pepper; cook for 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs.
Place one fillet in greased shallow ovenproof dish. Top with layer of dressing. Place remaining fillet over dressing. Drizzle with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake, uncovered, in 400°F (200°C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork.