This creamy apple pie with a crunchy top is a scrumptious way to get your apple a day.
- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples (7 apples)
- 1 unbaked 10-inch pastry shell
Filling: In large bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Blend in sour cream and vanilla. Add apples and mix thoroughly to coat all slices. Transfer to pie shell, smoothing top.
Crumble Topping: Mix together flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Using pastry blender or fork, cut in butter to make coarse crumble. Sprinkle evenly over apples.
Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F (180°C) and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is browned. If rim of pie browns too quickly, cover lightly with strips of foil.