- Portion size 40 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Holiday Cookbook: Fall 2010
- 2/3 cups salted butter
- 7 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 5 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 2/3 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped chocolate-covered candy (such as Turtles, Maltesers, After Eight or Rolo)
MethodIn saucepan, melt together butter, bittersweet chocolate and unsweetened chocolate over medium-low heat; let cool for 10 minutes.
Whisk in sugar and vanilla; whisk in eggs, 1 at a time. With wooden spoon, stir in flour and salt. Spread in parchment paper–lined 13- x 9-inch (3.5 L) metal cake pan, smoothing top.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging, about 25 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack.
Topping: Place chocolate in heatproof bowl. In saucepan, bring cream to boil; pour over chocolate, whisking until smooth. Let cool for 3 minutes. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with candy. Cut into bars.
Nutritional facts Per brownie: about
- Sodium 103 mg
- Protein 2 g
- Calories 182.0
- Total fat 11 g
- Cholesterol 37 mg
- Saturated fat 7 g
- Total carbohydrate 18 g
- Iron 6.0
- Folate 4.0
- Calcium 2.0
- Vitamin A 6.0