- Portion size 60 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Holiday Cookbook: Fall 2010
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 bars (100 g each) good-quality bittersweet chocolate (such as Lindt), chopped
- 2 bars (100 g each) good-quality milk chocolate (such as Lindt), chopped
MethodIn large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, orange rind and salt until fluffy; stir in flour and cornstarch to make smooth dough.
Divide dough in half. Form each into 10-inch (25 cm) log. Wrap each and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Slice logs into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick rounds. Place, 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart, on parchment paper–lined baking sheets. Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven until firm, about 15 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes; transfer to racks and let cool completely.
Coating: In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate; let cool to room temperature.
Dip half of each cookie into chocolate, shaking off excess. Refrigerate on waxed paper–lined baking sheets until firm, about 30 minutes.
Nutritional facts Per cookie: about
- Sodium 10 mg
- Protein 1 g
- Calories 66.0
- Total fat 4 g
- Potassium 6 mg
- Cholesterol 8 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 7 g
- Iron 2.0
- Folate 4.0
- Vitamin A 3.0