Dip your favourite fruits, marshmallows or cookies into this decadent fondu. It's perfect for a romantic night in.
- Portion size 2 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2009
- 1 cup bite-size chunks of pineapple
- 1 navel orange peeled and cut into segments
- 2 kiwi fruit peeled and sliced
- 1 apple cored and sliced
- 6 cookies (optional)
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 2 oz milk chocolate chopped
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1/2 cup Cape gooseberries sliced
- 1/2 cup Cape banana sliced
Chocolate Fondue: In saucepan, heat cream until boiling. Pour over bittersweet and milk chocolates in fondue pot; whisk until melted. Whisk in amaretto. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, arrange pineapple, orange, kiwifruit, apple, and cookies (if using) on platter.
Garnish: Garnish with gooseberries (if using). Serve with fondue.
Tip: For best flavour and texture, use quality chocolate, such as Lindt.
Nutritional facts Per serving: about
- Sodium 45 mg
- Protein 8 g
- Calories 692.0
- Total fat 40 g
- Cholesterol 57 mg
- Saturated fat 24 g
- Total carbohydrate 82 g
- Iron 21.0
- Folate 19.0
- Calcium 15.0
- Vitamin A 17.0
- Vitamin C 167.0