Randy McLaren from Harriet Todd Public School submitted these lacy oat cookies that you can serve as a treat.
- Portion size 48 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups quick cooking rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup coconut unsweetened, shredded
In large bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar; beat until well combined. Blend in cocoa, flour, egg and salt, stirring until well combined. Add rolled oats and coconut; stir until well combined. Chill dough for 20 minutes.
Drop by 1 tsp of dough, 4 inches (10 cm) apart, onto parchment or waxed paper-lined rimless baking sheet. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until lacy all over and crisp at the edges, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on rack.