This is a cookie to satisfy anyone. The raw pumpkin seeds are also known as pepitas.
- Portion size 42 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2008
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups quick-cooking (not instant) rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup puffed rice Cereal Mix such as Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seed
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
MethodIn large bowl, beat butter with brown sugar until fluffy; beat in eggs, 1 a time. Beat in vanilla.
In separate bowl, whisk together rolled oats, rice cereal, all-purpose and whole wheat flours, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, baking soda, baking powder and salt ; stir into butter mixture.
Drop by heaping 1 tbsp (15 mL), about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto parchment paper–lined or greased baking sheets.
Bake in top and bottom thirds of 350°F (180°C) oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to racks; let cool completely. (Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and store for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.)
Nutritional facts Per cookie: about
- Sodium 39 mg
- Protein 2 g
- Calories 101.0
- Total fat 6 g
- Cholesterol 20 mg
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Total carbohydrate 11 g
- Iron 5.0
- Folate 4.0
- Calcium 1.0
- Vitamin A 4.0