- Portion size 4 servings
- Credits : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2006
- 12 wonton wrappers (about quarter 400g pkg)
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries thawed and undrained
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavoured liqueur
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
MethodArrange wonton wrappers in single layer on baking sheet. Brush with half of the butter; sprinkle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the granulated sugar. Turn and repeat. Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven, turning once, until crisp and golden, 8 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool on rack.
Meanwhile, in bowl, toss together berries, liqueur and remaining granulated sugar; let stand for 10 minutes.
In bowl, whip together cream, icing sugar and vanilla; fold into mascarpone in 2 additions.
For each serving, place scant 1 tsp (5 mL) cream mixture on centre of plate to secure tower. Place 1 wonton wrapper on cream mixture; top with about 1 tbsp (15 mL) cream mixture and heaping 1 tbsp (15 mL) berries. Repeat twice to make 3 layers.