- Portion size 6 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 1 pastry for 9-inch (23cm)
- 5 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sprinkle granulated sugar
Line 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate with pastry.
In large bowl, combine peaches, sugar, flour, lemon juice and candied ginger. Fill pastry shell with peach mixture; dot filling with butter.
Moisten edges of bottom crust. Cover with top crust. Trim and flute edges. Cut steam vents. Brush top with milk or cream; sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
Bake in 425°F (220°C) in bottom third of oven for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350°F (180°C) and bake for 35 to 45 minutes longer or until peaches are tender, filling thickened and crust golden.