Adding a swirl of peanut butter takes this classic chocolaty treat to a whole new level of delicious.
- Prep time 35 minutes
- Total time 1 hour & 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup crunchy or smooth peanut butter
- 170 g bittersweet chocolate , chopped (about 6 oz)
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan. In small saucepan, stir together butter, peanut butter and chocolate over low heat until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
In large bowl, whisk sugar with eggs. Whisk in chocolate mixture.
In small bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder; gently fold into chocolate mixture until combined. Stir in peanuts; scrape into prepared pan.
Topping: Dollop peanut butter by 1 tsp over top batter; using knife tip, gently swirl to create marble effect. Sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate chips. Bake until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean with a few moist crumbs clinging, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan; cut into squares.
Makes 16 squares.
Nutritional facts Per square: about
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 72 mg
- Sugars 24 g
- Protein 7 g
- Calories 325
- Total fat 19 g
- Potassium 198 mg
- Cholesterol 63 mg
- Saturated fat 8 g
- Total carbohydrate 35 g
- Iron 13
- Folate 15
- Calcium 3
- Vitamin A 8