- Portion size 8 servings
- Credits : © CanadianLiving.com
- 3/4 cups butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
In bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. If making Slice and Bake Angels, add almond extract; if making Two-Tone Twisters, add peppermint extract.
Stir flour with baking powder. Stir into butter mixture in 2 additions.
Divide dough in half; flatten into discs. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled, (Make ahead: Refirigerate dough for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.)