Apple-Orange Oat Bran Muffins
This recipe makes 12 servings
|Per muffin: about||-|
|total fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 12
These wholesome flavorful muffins, made without oil, can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsoat bran
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupwhole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppacked brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspbaking powder
- 1 tsp 1tspbaking soda
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspcinnamon
- 1 cup 1cupbuttermilk
- 1 1eggeggs
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgrated orange rind
- 2 tbsp 2tbsporange juice
- 1 1peeled and diced appleapples
- 1 cup 1cupraisinraisins
- 1 tbsp 1tbspwheat germ
In large bowl, combine bran, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Combine buttermilk, egg, orange rind and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in apple and raisins.
Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Sprinkle with wheat germ. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.