Apple Sour Cream Crumble Pie
This recipe makes 8 servings
- Portion size: 6 to 8
This creamy apple pie with a crunchy top is a scrumptious way to get your apple a day.
- 1 cup 1cupgranulated sugar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspall-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspcinnamon
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupsour cream
- 1 tsp 1tspvanilla
- 7 cups 7cupspeeled, cored and sliced applesapples, (7 apples)
- 1 1unbaked 10-inch pastry shellunbaked 10-inch pastry shells Crumble Topping:
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupall-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfirmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp 1tspcinnamon
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupcold butter
Filling: In large bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Blend in sour cream and vanilla. Add apples and mix thoroughly to coat all slices. Transfer to pie shell, smoothing top.
Crumble Topping: Mix together flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Using pastry blender or fork, cut in butter to make coarse crumble. Sprinkle evenly over apples.
Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F (180°C) and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is browned. If rim of pie browns too quickly, cover lightly with strips of foil.
Source : © CanadianLiving.com