Banana Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||19 g|
|sat. fat||10 g|
- Portion size: 4 to 6
Chocolate and bananas liven up a classic bread pudding. Day-old bread is best for a not-too-spongy texture.
- 8 slices 8slices day-old French bread, (3/4 inch/2 cm thick)
- 3 tbsp 3tbspsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups 2cups2% reduced fat milk or homogenized milk
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupgranulated sugar
- 1/2 cup 1/2cup10% cream
- 3 3eggeggs
- 1 1bananabananas, chopped
- 3 oz 3ozbittersweet chocolate, chopped
Trim crust from bread; spread both sides of each slice with butter. Cut into pieces; arrange in greased 8-inch (2 L) square glass baking dish.
In large bowl, whisk together milk, sugar, cream and eggs; stir in banana. Pour over bread; let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until knife inserted in centre comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool on rack for 20 minutes before serving.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2009