This recipe makes 12 servings
|total fat||16 g|
|sat. fat||9 g|
- Portion size: 12 servings
This luscious pie, which originated in England, uses dulce de leche, a Latin American caramelized milk confection, which is available at many grocery and specialty food stores.
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsgraham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupunsalted butter, melted
- 1 Pinch 1Pinchsalt
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupdulce de leche
- 3 3bananabananas, cut into 3-1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupswhipping cream
- 2 tsp 2tspgranulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspvanilla
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspfinely ground instant coffee granules, optional
In bowl, stir together crumbs, butter and salt ; press onto bottom and up side of greased deep 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until firm, about 10 minutes. Let cool on rack.
Spread dulce de leche onto cooled crust. Arrange bananas over top.
In large bowl, whip cream with granulated sugar and vanilla; spread over bananas. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 12 hours.) Sprinkle with coffee granules (if using).
Source : Canadian Living Special Issue: Home for the Holidays 2008