Berry Coconut Cake
This recipe makes 9 servings
|Per serving, about:||-|
|total fat||21 g|
- Portion size: 9
Instead of using both kinds of berries, you can double one or the other for this easy-to-transport treat. Frozen berries can be substituted for fresh if you like.
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupbutter, softened
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupgranulated sugar
- 2 2eggeggs
- 1 tsp 1tspvanilla
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspbaking powder
- 1 tsp 1tspbaking soda
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1 cup 1cupsour cream
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupraspberryraspberries
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupblueberryblueberries Topping:
- 1 cup 1cupshredded coconutcoconuts
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuppacked brown sugar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter, softened
- 1 tbsp 1tbspall-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspcinnamon
Topping: In small bowl, combine coconut, sugar, butter, flour and cinnamon until crumbly; set aside.
In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time; beat in vanilla. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir half into butter mixture. Stir in sour cream. Stir in remaining flour mixture.
Spread in greased 9-inch (2.5 L) square cake pan. Sprinkle with raspberries and blueberries. Sprinkle with topping. Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven for 60 to 75 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack.
Source : © CanadianLiving.com