Chocolate Shortbread Fingers
This recipe makes 24 bars servings
|Per bar: about||-|
|total fat||7 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Preparation time: 10 minutes Chill: 30 minutes
- Cook time : 40 minutes
- Total time : PT50M
- Portion size: 24 bars
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupunsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupgranulated sugar
- 1 oz 1ozbittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspvanilla
- 1-1/3 cups 1-1/3cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcocoa, sifted
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcornstarch
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt Topping:
- 1 oz 1ozbittersweet chocolate, melted
In bowl, cream butter with sugar. Stir in cooled chocolate and vanilla.
In separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, cornstarch and salt; stir into butter mixture. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, 5 to 10 turns.
Press into parchment paper–lined 9-inch (2.5 L) square metal cake pan. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes. Score into 24 bars. Using fork or wooden skewer, prick each once or twice.
Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven until firm, about 40 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes.
Topping: Using sharp knife and leaving in pan, cut through score lines; let cool completely. Drizzle with chocolate.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2010