Chocolate Walnut Torte
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||44 g|
|sat. fat||21 g|
- Portion size: 8
The taste of port pairs nicely with this dense and delicious torte.
- 8 oz 8ozbittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupwhipping cream
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupbutter
- 3 3eggeggs
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupgranulated sugar
- 3 tbsp 3tbspall-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspvanilla
- 1 cup 1cupcoarsely chopped walnut halfwalnut halves Cream Topping:
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupwhipping cream
- 4 tsp 4tspamaretto liqueur, Frangelico or brandy (or dash almond extract)
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgranulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcoarsely chopped walnut halfwalnut halves
Grease 8-inch (2 L) springform pan; set aside.
In large heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate, cream and butter, stirring occasionally.
In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla. Add chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. Fold in nuts. Scrape into prepared pan. Bake in centre of 275°F (140°C) oven until centre is firm to the touch, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Turn out onto serving plate; let cool. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.)
Cream Topping: In bowl, whip cream, amaretto and sugar. Spoon onto each serving of torte. Garnish with walnuts.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2005