Date and Banana Loaf
This recipe makes 12 slices servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 1 loaf or 12 slices
This perfect pick-me-up snack contains whole wheat flour and wheat germ with their magnesium, and banana with its B6. As an added bonus, it will truly satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupgranulated sugar
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupplain yogurt
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupvegetable oil
- 2 2eggeggs
- 1 tsp 1tspvanilla
- 1 cup 1cupmashed bananabananas
- 1 cup 1cupall-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupwhole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupwheat germ
- 2 tsp 2tspbaking powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspbaking soda
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped datedates
In bowl, whisk together sugar, yogurt, oil and eggs; stir in banana and vanilla.
In large bowl, whisk together flours, wheat germ, baking powder and baking soda; stir in dates. Stir in banana mixture until combined.
Pour into greased 8- x 4-inch (1.5 L) loaf pan. Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven for about 1 hour or until tester inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool on rack. (Make-ahead: Wrap in plastic wrap and store for up to 2 days or overwrap and freeze for up to 2 weeks.)