French Cranberry Pecan Tart
- Preparation time: 15 minutes. Chill: 30 minutes.
- Total time : 55 minutes
- Portion size: 8
This recipe makes 8 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||32 g|
|sat. fat||11 g|
- Half HalfAll-Purpose Sweet Pie Dough recipe
- 3 3eggseggs
- 1/2 cup 1/2cuppacked golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupLyle's golden syrup
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupunsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcider vinegar
- Pinch Pinchsalt
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupspecan halves
- 1 cup 1cupthawed whole cranberries
On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 12-inch (30 cm) circle; fit into 9-1/2-inch (24 cm) fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Fold edge over to extend about 1/4 inch (5 mm) above pan. Prick all over with fork; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Line pastry with foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake in bottom third of 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 minutes. Remove weights and foil; bake until just beginning to colour, 5 to 10 minutes.
In large bowl, beat together eggs, brown sugar, syrup, butter, vinegar and salt. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with pecans and cranberries.
Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until filling is puffed, golden and just beginning to set, about 30 minutes. Let cool on rack.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine, December 2010