Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
- Portion size: 12
This recipe makes 12 servings
|Per Serving: about||-|
|total fat||20 g|
|sat. fat||8 g|
Nostalgic for peanut butter and hungry for chocolate? Here they are together in a no-bake pie that lives up to your fondest memories.
- 1 cup 1cupchocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupbutter, melted Filling:
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupsour cream
- 3 tbsp 3tbspicing sugar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspwhipping cream
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupsmooth peanut butter Topping:
- 2 oz 2ozsemisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupwhipping cream
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped peanutpeanuts
In bowl, stir wafer crumbs with butter until thoroughly moistened; pat onto bottom only of 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Freeze for 20 minutes.
Filling: In bowl, whisk together sour cream, sugar and whipping cream; whisk in peanut butter until smooth. Spread evenly over crust; freeze for 1 hour.
Topping: Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt chocolate with cream over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth. Let cool for 15 minutes.
Spread chocolate mixture evenly over filling. Sprinkle peanuts around edge of pie. Freeze for about 1 hour or until completely set. (Make-ahead: Wrap in foil and freeze for up to 1 week.) Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.