Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Trifle
This recipe makes 10 servings
- Portion size: 8 to 10
Flecked with cubes of pound cake, this rosy pink dessert is a festive yet surprisingly light finish to a special meal.
- 1 pkg 1pkgpound cakepound cakes, cubed
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupwhite rum Strawberry Custard:
- 2 pkg 2pkg(each 300 g) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 3 3eggeggs, beaten
- 2 2egg yolkegg yolks
- 1 cup 1cupgranulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupbutter
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated lime rind or lemon rind
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplime juice or lemon juice
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupwhite rum
- 1 cup 1cupwhipping cream Garnish:
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupwhipping cream, whipped
- 4 4strawberrystrawberries, halved
- 2 2lime slices, quartered
Strawberry Custard: In food processor or blender, purée strawberries; pour into large heavy saucepan. Add eggs, egg yolks, sugar, butter, lime rind and lime juice; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened and mixture coats spoon. Let cool completely. Stir in rum. Whip cream; whisk one-quarter into cooled custard. Fold in remaining whipped cream.
Line side of 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan with waxed paper, extending 1 inch (2.5 cm) above rim of pan. Arrange half of the cake over bottom; drizzle with half of the rum. Spoon half of the custard over top. Repeat layers, smoothing top. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or up to 2 weeks.
Garnish: Using pastry bag or spoon, pipe or spoon whipped cream around edge of trifle. Garnish with strawberries and lime slices. Let stand in refrigerator for 4 hours or until partially thawed. Remove sides of pan; peel off paper.