Fruity Oatmeal Muffins
This recipe makes 12 servings
- Portion size: 12
These moist, easy-to-make muffins are good hot, but stash a few leftovers in the freezer for quick morning reheating.
- 1 cup 1cuppacked dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupbutter, melted
- 2 2eggeggs, beaten
- 1 cup 1cupmilk
- 2 tsp 2tspvanilla
- 1 cup 1cupgrated appleapples
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcurrantcurrants
- 1 cup 1cupwhole wheat flour
- 1 cup 1cupall-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1cuprolled oats
- 4 tsp 4tspbaking powder
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspsalt
In large bowl, beat together sugar, butter and eggs. Stir in milk and vanilla, beating until smooth. Stir in apple, walnuts and currants.
In separate bowl, stir together whole wheat and all-purpose flours, rolled oats, baking powder and salt. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture; stir together just until blended.
Pour batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin tins, filling up to top. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Source : © CanadianLiving.com