Giant Swiss Chocolate Chunk Shortbread
This recipe makes 15 large cookies servings
|Per cookie: about||-|
|total fat||33 g|
|sat. fat||20 g|
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Total time : 22 minutes
- Portion size: 15 large cookies
- 1 bar (400 g) 1bar (400 g)Swiss milk chocolate with honey and almond nougat, (such as Toblerone)
- 2 cups 2cupsunsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupsuperfine sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspvanilla
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 3-3/4 cups 3-3/4cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcornstarch
Cut chocolate bar between triangles into 15 large pieces; set aside.
In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in vanilla and salt. Stir in flour and cornstarch; knead gently to bring dough together.
On lightly floured surface, roll dough into 15-inch (38 cm) log. Cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick rounds. Place, 2 inches (5 cm) apart, on parchment paper–lined baking sheets. Press 1 chocolate piece, flat side down, into each round. Press dough to surround and overlap chocolate edges.
Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven until golden, 22 to 25 minutes. Let cool on pans for 10 minutes; transfer to racks and let cool completely.
Additional information : Variation
Swiss Chocolate Chunk Shortbread
Reduce chocolate to 6 oz (175 g) and cut into sixty 1/4-inch (5 mm) chunks. Roll dough by rounded 1 tbsp (15 mL) into balls; press chocolate chunk into each. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
Makes 60 cookies.
Source : Canadian Living Holiday Cookbook: Fall 2010