Ginger Shortbread Fingers
This recipe makes 24 fingers servings
|Per finger: about||-|
|total fat||8 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Preparation time: 10 minutes Chill: 20 minutes
- Total time : 45 minutes
- Portion size: 24 fingers
- 1 cup 1cupunsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupgranulated sugar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfinely grated gingerroot
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 2 cups 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupfinely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tbsp 2tbspcornstarch
In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and grated ginger until fluffy; beat in salt. Stir in flour, crystallized ginger and cornstarch.
Press into parchment paper–lined 9-inch (2.5 L) square metal cake pan. Score into twenty-four 3-inch (8 cm) long bars. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven until golden and firm, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes; cut along score lines into fingers. Let cool completely in pan on rack.
Source : Canadian Living Holiday Cookbook: Fall 2010