Holiday Ornament Cake Pops
- Preparation time: 20 minutes (without decorating)
- Total time : 20 minutes
- Portion size: 16 pieces
This recipe makes 16 pieces servings
|Per piece: about||-|
|total fat||14 g|
|sat. fat||7 g|
Cake pops are a hit with kids any time of the year, but these festively decorated gems also add a sophisticated touch to your holiday table. You'll need 16 lollipop sticks – use them also to punch holes in a block of foam for a place to stand the cake pops once you get them on the stick and begin to decorate.
- 5-1/2 cups 5-1/2cupsvanilla wafervanilla wafers, (about 12 oz/340 g)
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupgranulated sugar
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupapple juiceapple juice
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplight-coloured corn syrup
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupswhite chocolate coating wafers
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupsgreen chocolate coating wafers
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupsred chocolate coating wafers
- assorted Sugars
- Silver dragéeSilver dragées
- assorted Sprinkles
In food processor, pulse wafers with sugar until in fine crumbs. Transfer to bowl. Stir in apple juice and corn syrup. Shape by 2 tbsp into 16 balls, washing and drying hands when beginning to stick. Refrigerate on parchment paper–lined plate for 30 minutes.
In microwaveable bowl, microwave white coating wafers on medium-high, 10 seconds at a time and stirring each time, until smooth, about 40 seconds. Dip end of each lollipop stick into melted wafers; insert halfway into cake ball. Stand in foam block or cake pop stand. If cake pops soften, refrigerate for 15 minutes.
In separate microwaveable bowls, melt green and red coating wafers. Dip cake pops into desired colours to coat, letting excess drip back into bowl. Sprinkle with decorations, if desired. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
Pipe remaining chocolate onto pops if desired; dip into sprinkles, dragées or coarse sugar (if using).
Source : Canadian Living: Holiday 2012