This recipe makes 42 cookies servings
|Per cookie: about||-|
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Total time : 14 minutes
- Portion size: 42 cookies
From Atlantic Canada, this cookie boasts a cornucopia of ingredients, including “lassy,” or molasses.
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupunsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup 3/4cuppacked Demerara sugar or dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupfancy molasses
- 1 1eggeggs
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1cuplarge-flake rolled oats
- 1 tsp 1tspbaking soda
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspcinnamon
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspground cloves
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchground allspice
- 1 cup 1cuptoasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped datedates
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupraisinraisins
In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy; beat in molasses. Beat in egg.
In separate bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt and allspice. Stir all but 1 cup (250 mL) into butter mixture to form wet dough.
With hands, mix together pecans, dates, raisins and remaining flour mixture to coat; stir into dough.
Drop by rounded 1 tbsp (15 mL), about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto parchment paper–lined baking sheets; press to flatten slightly. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until edges are golden, 14 to 15 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Transfer to racks; let cool completely.
Source : Canadian Living Holiday Cookbook: Fall 2010