Mango Swirl Ice-Cream Cake
This recipe makes 10 servings
|per each of 10 servings: about||-|
|total fat||14 g|
|sat. fat||7 g|
- Portion size: 10
This refreshing dessert is ideal for any gathering. Vary the flavour of the sorbet and fruit depending on preferences.
- 4 cups 4cupsmango sorbet, softened
- 4 cups 4cupsvanilla ice cream
- 3 cups 3cupsassorted fruitassorted fruits Crust:
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupsgrated graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupfinely chopped pecanpecans
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupbutter, melted
Grease bottom of 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan; line side with parchment paper. Set aside.
Crust: In bowl, stir together graham wafer crumbs, pecans and butter; press into prepared pan. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until firm, about 10 minutes. Let cool on rack.
Drop spoonfuls of half of the sorbet randomly onto crust. Drop spoonfuls of half of the ice cream in gaps between sorbet. Gently swirl with back of spoon. Repeat with remaining sorbet and ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Wrap in foil and freeze for up to 2 days.)
Using hot dry knife, cut cake into slices. Serve with assorted fruit. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Source : August 2009